(meteorobs) Re: Video meteors of February 04/05, 2006

Enrico Stomeo stom at iol.it
Sun Mar 19 05:47:36 EST 2006

Hi Karl.

It is difficult to estimate the video meteor brightness. I
correct the values estimated from the recognition software
(MetRec), as it is inclined to estimate the magnitude of
the meteors only in narrow range, depending from the stars
of reference.
I estimate the magnitudes from a image that is the sum of
all meteor frames and I apply a negative correction in
relation to the meteor lenght.

Clear skies,
Enrico