(meteorobs) Dust trail computations: Bielids and Giacobinids

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Tue May 16 12:16:49 EDT 2006

    I know that dust trail predictions concerning the upcoming 2011
Giaconinids shower and 2022 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann meteors have been issued in recent
years by several meteor experts who belong to this list.

    I believe it would be most interesting if we were able to compare these
impending encounters with similar events from the past.  Has any one looked at
the dust trail situation which resulted in the 1872 or 1885 Bielid Storms or
the 1933 and 1946 Giacobinid encounters?  I would be especially interested in
making comparisions between values such as rE - rD (the heliocentric distances
of the dust trail node and of the Earth at the same longitude).

Have such computations been made?
And if so, where might they be available (either in tabular or graphic form)?
-- joe rao