(meteorobs) RE: Explosion Observed

Richardson, Terry R. RichardsonT at cofc.edu
Wed May 17 07:06:48 EDT 2006

Bob and Becky,

GRBs are gamma ray bursts, first discovered by the satellites send up to monitor atmospheric nuclear testing, since nuclear explosions emit gamma rays. The GRB event must be one of the most powerful events in the universe and for a few seconds a BRB can outshine an entire bunch of galaxies. There appear to be at least two types.

Check

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_ray_burst

for more.

Terry