(meteorobs) tau-herculids, Meteor shower from 73P

vaubaill vaubaill at imcce.fr
Thu May 18 18:31:13 EDT 2006

Hi Joe and you guies,

There is indeed no "freshly" ejected fragment or whatever (=released
since 1995) going to hit the Earth this year from comet 73P, according
to our calculations. The reason is that the ejection velocity recquired
to do that is way higher than what can reasonably be. Remember that the
comet is close to aphelion, so the semi-major axis can vary a lot from
an ejection process, but not the node.

As for the other showers of my web page, I've just very quickly added a
few plots for the Draconids and Perseids. Indeed I find a pretty good
interception with the Earth in 2028 ;-)

Jeremie

--
* Jeremie VAUBAILLON