(meteorobs) ELP Bolide 05/04/06

Jim Gamble jagamble at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 19 04:12:50 EDT 2006

Hello All,
    Very sorry for the delay on this event. Software problems are resolved and I can now offer the first 6 seconds (Sentinel limit) of the May 4 El Paso bolide event which occured at 21:44:58.54 MDT. Keep in mind that even though UTEP seismology says they did not record an anomoly at event time, there are numerous reports of sonic booms and even smoke trail reports. Filtering may be the culprit.The event was seen visually as far away as Tucson,AZ. While in-flight peak visual magnitude recorded by the ELP camera was a -13.2, we are estimating that one of three flashes at the event's end (which Sentinel did not record) may have produced a visual mag of somewhere between -16 and -20.
    Also keep in mind that bandwidth on my website is EXTREMELY low so if you attempt to access the URL and get a "bandwidth exceeded, try back in an hour" message, you'll know it's not you. If anyone would like to offer some space for me on a site which can handle the traffic, I'd be happy to work with you and thank you in advance.
  Please click on
  http://www.geocities.com/desert_lights/latestelpasoevent.html

  If anyone is interested in an Excel graph of the event, please e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
  Regards,
  Jim Gamble
  NAMN/ELP
  Sandia All Sky Camera Network