(meteorobs) Fireball over RTMC

Michael Linnolt mlinnolt at alum.mit.edu
Mon May 29 01:57:26 EDT 2006

I was attending the Rierside Telescope Makers Conference in Big bear, CA this weekend. On Friday evening May 26 9:09PM PDT a bright, slow "earthgrazer" type meteor crossed over most of the sky from east to west. I estimated it about mag -7 and it began in Virgo and ended in Cancer. It left a persistent train for a few seconds. There was quite a response from the attendees, who were greeted by this fantastic event right at the opening of the conference. Good Show!

Mike Linnolt
Menlo Park, CA