(meteorobs) Obs: 27/28 May 2006

Bertunit at aol.com Bertunit at aol.com
Mon May 29 21:55:09 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

I recall the late spring/June sessions watching the Tau Herculids and
Scorpiid complexes in the late 70's, and remember also being
rather disenchanted with the rates watching toward the East in the
middle of the shorter nites.  Try watching due S or SSW during the
midnite-3AM time frame, I am willing to bet you will benefit ratewise
very nicely by doing so, and enhance the ANT's rates as well.

Gearing up for the late July new moon span for 06, and moving
residences, so have been nil on observing to this date in 06, save
some 10 min. periods during the Lyrids when I saw 0 with
broken cloud cover.

Completely wiped out during the Eta Aq.s down S of you in E
Central KS, too, weatherwise.  From what I have seen on reports
they sounded like an off year, more like 2002-4 than 2005.

Note to Comet-1, David what are you planning for the Delta Aq.s in
late July, will be at the dark sky cabin SW of Pittsburg KS for
several days during the peak.