(meteorobs) one Herculid observed during a short session..

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 12:46:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I had a short observation session this night when a rain front moved away from my region just before midnight. Observing conditions were great for a while, but the whole sky was quickly overcastted by lower clouds (fog and stratus). The humidity was much tot high..., even the temperatures were very low for this time of the year!

I still got one period witch is suitable for the records. It contains one single tau Herculid with a long path from Boötes into Draco.

Day : 30    Month : May   Year : 2006
begin : 22.50  UT    end : 23.24 UT
long.Location : Frasnes les Anvaing - Belgium  3.38  E    lat. 50.42 N    alt 130 m
Observer : Vandeputte Michel    IMO code ; VANMC
Method : tape recorder -
Field : south (field near Alfa Booti)

Observed Showers :

Tau Herculids

Interval analyse

Period            Teff        F    LM           tHER    SPOR    Tot

22.50-23.24    0.57h       1.00    6.50        1        7        8

Magnitude Distributions

tHER     +2(0)+3(0)+4(1)+5(0) Mean 4.00
SPOR   +2(1)+3(2)+4(4)+5(3) Mean 3.43  N~ : 0