(meteorobs) FW: Atmospheric Cosmic Dust Capture

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Tue Nov 7 13:48:13 EST 2006

??? Probably I not understand your machine: if you want
the mass of  1 cubic meter per second you can need of a
surface of a squadre meter moved at 500 m/sec (supersonic),
perharps you want only a volume of 1 cubic meter per
second at 2 mbars, in this case it's the speed of wind in the
air to change each second many cubic meters per second for
each square meter of the adhesive apparate, you can calcutate
how many cubic meter you has examined with an
anemometer and a record linked to him.

>2) We need a capture medium to adhere to the
>particles.  It must be soluble, not contaminate the
>particles, freeze below -50 C and not sublimate at
>pressures of 1 mbar.
>  Any more help you could provide would be gratly
>appreciated.
>  We did some math and figure that we should be able
>to capture roughly 10 particles in the flight now we
>just need to get it engineered.
>                      Thank you
>                      Jayson Nissen

Why you need of a medium that freeze below -50 C?
I suggest a thin surface of ice of distilled water or
a surface of aerogel as in Stardust spacecraft
or one series of metallic net for mosquitos but with finer meshes
covered propylene glycol adhesive that it can to be
cleared easy after the fly.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli