(meteorobs) am i going to miss them??

Arlene Carol arlene.carol at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:33:24 EST 2006

I see a lot of increased predictions for this year's Leonids...and the
possibility of a 'surprise' rate of 100 per hour!

It seems to me that this wasn't predicted even as recently as 6 months ago,
but I could be
wrong.

Okay...I have a question ... from what I'm reading, the highest count of
meteors will occur
in the US. Is that true? In 1998, the year I joined Meteorbs after watching
a spectacular (for me)
Leonids shower/storm here, I was surprised to read that others in the US
didn't have rates as high as mine (i could only count 40/min and i wasn't
watching the whole sky).
That being the case, and stretching the chance for optimism for this year...
will I be able to see 100 per hour over here or is it a sure thing that I'm
out of range?

And even if you suggest I go out and watch anyway...which night and at what
time please.

Thanks all of you,

Arlene
south of Troy