(meteorobs) Radio cam

Christian Steyaert steyaert at vvs.be
Tue Nov 14 13:39:34 EST 2006

Public observatory Mira (www.mira.be), Grimbergen, Belgium, has now a
permanent 'radio cam' in place:

	http://mira.telenet.be/meteoren/meteoren.jpg

(no automatic refresh yet)

It monitors the VVS beacon on 49990 kHz located at Astrolab IRIS,
Ypres, 100 km away in almost western direction, with an HRO receiver
of ITEC, Japan.

Often the carrier of the beacon is weakly received directly, seen at
about 940 Hz.
The numerous S-shaded lines going from high to low frequency are
reflections on planes.
Underdense meteors are 'vertical' lines with a width of a few to a
few tens of Hz.
Overdense meteors are larger 'patches' lasting several seconds to
sometimes minutes.
If you see something special or have a query, just save the picture,
forward it to me & I'll come back to you.

The (geometrical) observing conditions for the Leonids are good
between 0h and 12h UT.

	Enjoy,

	Chris