(meteorobs) LEONID METEOR OUTBURST IN THE OFFING?

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Wed Nov 15 21:24:21 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/15/2006 9:10:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bmccurdy at telusplanet.net writes:

Does the  filament have a
known radiant, or should one just use the radiant of the  date? Also, and I
know this is covering old territory, but how far below  the horizon can the
radiant be and still produce possible  meteors?

The filament should very closely correspond to the  traditional Leonid
radiant (within the Sickle of Leo).  I have always felt  that when the radiant is
below the horizon . . . even just below it . . . that  observed meteor activity
is practically nil.

-- joe r.