(meteorobs) Western US radio Leonid outburst possibilities ?

Thomas Ashcraft heliotown27 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 20:37:39 EST 2006

Greetings meteor observers.

  I am computing the possibilities of capturing the predicted Leonid outburst at 0445 UT November 19 using the forward scatter radio method.  Maybe someone could help me with my geometry questions:

I am located near Santa Fe, New Mexico.  35.41 N  105.56 W

  0445 UT is 9:45 PM local mountain standard time. I believe the radiant is still below the horizon visually at this point at my location but my forward scatter possibilities, if I orient eastward, should give me a 500 to 1000 mile range eastward which means I might be able to receive some radio Leonid earthgrazers...(maybe ?? ).

  It seems like I will be just on the radio edge of possible reception for the possible 0445 UT outburst.  Are there any North American radio observers on the list computing radio possibilities for this time?  Is there a radio Leonid map available anywhere on the web......... in the DX community perhaps?

Thanks for any info or insights and good luck to all.

Clear skies,
Thomas Ashcraft