(meteorobs) Re: possibility of Leonods eath-grazers on the US westcoast?

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Nov 17 20:01:25 EST 2006

Robert,

You are quoting the time of the nodal crossing which is actually 21 UTC on
November 17. This will be the best time to see the weak background componet
of the Leonids. The 0445 UTC time on the 19th is the time the Earth pssses
closest to the trail created by the 1932 passage of comet Temple-Tuttle.
This is the time the Leonids should be most active this year.

Best Wishes!

Bob Lunsford