(meteorobs) Leonids

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 00:10:31 EST 2006

Hello  epmajden at shaw.ca,
In reference to your  comment:

The Leonids are a washout on mid  Vancouver Island.  We have had one
rain storm after another on the  coast.  Another front is due on Sunday.
The water sheds have  been contaminated so boil water advisories have
been issued for Vancouver,  Nanaimo and several other small communities.
No meteor watching  here as a result! :-(
Ed Majden
Courtenay,  B.C.
Canada

Sorry to hear, Ed. I just stepped outside here in Florida, and the skies  are
crystal clear. It's actually a bit cold outside. I saw one 0 Magnitude
Leonid rise from the horizon in about 5 minutes, and I'll be going back out
shortly. Hopefully, as Leo gets higher in the sky, more meteors will be  visible.

Anthony