(meteorobs) Average Display of LEOs

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Sat Nov 18 09:02:55 EST 2006

I got a little less than 6 hours observing in beginning at 2241 local and
running all the way to sunrise. Early on some clouds were moving through,
but after a half hour or so, it was clear the remainder of the morning. I
was worried about fog developing as it often does along the coast this time
of year but that never became a problem.

I saw a handful of AMOs and a smattering of Taurids - about an equal number
from both radiants. LEOs were about average, in both brightness and number -
never over 10/hr. as far as I can remember. I stared early to get some
really nice ones coming up from the horizon, but did not see a single one.
Instead, I got to watch an owl fly overhead back and forth between a patch
of trees and the salt marsh. Seems a fair trade-off to me....

I'll be out again tonight, so updates to the website will be slow in
coming....

Clear skies to all,

Mark