(meteorobs) Leonids 11/18 and 11/19 near Kansas City

KCStarguy at aol.com KCStarguy at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 12:53:13 EST 2006

At Powell Observatory, Louisbourg, KS (20 minutes south of Kansas City      )
11/18/2006
12:30-2:45
clear to 5.5mag
Friday I went out at 12:30 to view the Leonids at Powell.

There weren't a lot of meteors to see. The best  was a -3 very wide Sporadic
fireball heading towards constellation Leo, at 12:30. As Clint Eastwood said
" make my day" and that one was really nice.
Saw only  8 in 1.5 hours ( 5 sporadics and 3 Leonids ) so I was a little
disappointed in the numbers. 2 had trains. Most were White and faint.

4:30-6:11
11/19/2006
clear to 6.0 mag
Cloudy went to bed and woke up and headed to POwell. Nobody around   not even
the cat. Saw 9 (7 Leondis and 2 sporadics). Mostly fain 2-4 magnitude but 4
had nice trains.
That's all folks about that.

Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy at aol.com), Olathe, KS:
Member #2572 IMCA (International Meteorite Collectors Association)
State of Kansas Solar System Ambassador: Comet Observers Coordinator-
Astronomy  League/ Astronomical Society of Kansas, KC, MO-Louisburg,KS:
http://www.astroleague.org/al/obsclubs/comet/comet.htm:
CometObserversAwardAL-subscribe at yahoogroups.com - Dr. Eric Flescher (kcstarguy at aol.com), Olathe, KS: State of
Kansas Solar System Ambassador:
E.O.A.S. (Earth, Oceans, Atmosphere and Space Blog) -<
http://www.xanga.com/dreric1kansas>
: Subscribe to (send your email to)< blacksuneclipse-subscribe at egroups.com>
:Eric's Black Sun Eclipse Website-
http://members.aol.com/kcstarguy/blacksun/eclipse.htm: Satori Astronomy Website-