(meteorobs) Zodiacal Lights and peaks of Meteor showers?

Thomas Dorman drygulch_99 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 07:27:40 EST 2006

Hi.All
Out here in far west Texas on Sunday morning we had an
unusual bright display of Zodiacal lights.I live in a
moderately light polluted area and the Zodiacal lights
were so bright on Sunday morning November 19 that they
punched through the light dome in my area.This display
of bright Zodiacal lights was also observed by members
of the El Paso Astronomy club about 50 miles to my
east at our club's dark sky site at Williams ranch.The
El Paso Astronomy Club's dark sky site is one the best
dark sky sites in the U.S..My questions are is there a
correlation between the brightening of the Zodiacal
lights and the peak of a major meteor shower? Zodiacal
lights on the morning November 19 also had a
pronounced green hue.Is this green hue a common
observed effect with the Zodiacal lights?I can't
remember ever seeing a green color with the Zodiacal
lights.Hope this is not to off topic.
Regards
Thomas Dorman
Horizon City,Texas