(meteorobs) Zodiacal Lights and peaks of Meteor showers?

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Mon Nov 20 11:41:28 EST 2006

I recall afew years ago, in fact 2001, when I had my highest Leonid rates
here in NJ, there was an exceptional display of the zodiacal light.
In fact, it's really the only time that I've ever been forced to notice
them. The other times I've had to make an effort. That was also my best
Leonid display with observed rates over 600/HR.

So maybe there is a correlation.
I've never noticed it with any other shower, though I have seen a few
aurora on meteor nights.