(meteorobs) Leonids Obs Australia -

belatrix belatrix at ozemail.com.au
Mon Nov 20 22:56:45 EST 2006

Hi again!,
  FWIW, its bothering me so I thought I would add, I think that 2 or 3
or maybe even 4 or so of the meteors I counted as sporadics (of the
around 10 or so we saw between us) were candidates for possible
Orionids, at the time, my co-observer thought they were, and I since
have read another report from eastern Australia which mentioned they
thought they saw a few possible orionids, but in the period before we
started observing, that got me thinking .
Also should of mentioned (leonid) radiant rose for us just before 3 am
19 / 16:30 UT 18th and reached an elevation of about 22 degrees by the
time we finished.
Kearn
35 south/+10.5 h (DST)