(meteorobs) cosmic ray burst?

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Fri Oct 6 10:56:35 EDT 2006

At 04:40 AM 10/6/2006, Tony Beresford wrote:
>At 12:54 5/10/06, you wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know if there are any reports of a 30 second burst of
> cosmic rays reaching Earth at approximately 2150 UTC +/- 10
> minutes, today, 4 Oct 2006?
> >
> >---
>Richard, There were two Gamma bursts on October 4.
>However the latest was at 1950 UT.
>Tony Beresford

Thanks, Tony.

I don't think a gamma burst would explain something I happened to
observe. Double checking, I see that I misstated the time (I forgot
we are still on daylight savings time). The observation I'm trying to
understand was made at approximately 2050 UTC. A brief, intense burst
of cosmic rays of common directionality could explain what I
observed. The phenomenon lasted for approximately 30 seconds.

Regards,
Richard