(meteorobs) Visual Observation from Northern Nevada on October 9, 2006

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 02:18:51 EDT 2006

I was out on the night of October 8-9 observing
meteors, centering on the period around 4:43UT when a
possible outburst of the Draconids was predicted. I
saw three meteors traceable to the Draconid radiant
during an hour of observation. The last one was a very
distinctive looking 2nd mag. meteor with a short tail.
The following is a summary of my observations.

October 9, 2006
UT Period   Field  Teff    F    LM    GIA   SPO

4:22-5:24   60NW    1.02  1.0   5.45   3     2

Magnitude Distribution

Shower   1  2  3  4  5

GIA         1  1     1

SPO      1        1

Total Meteors: 5

Location: Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles north of
Winnemucca. Longitude 117 37' 30" Latitude 41 15' 0"

Robin Gray
Winnemucca, Nevada