(meteorobs) P/2006 T1 (Levy) orbit looks inetresting!

Esko Lyytinen esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi
Wed Oct 11 11:47:04 EDT 2006

Hi,

(I sent this once earlier today,. but probably it did not go trough. I
try again with some added text.)

The new elliptic orbit of this comet looks interesting, as to possible
meteor shower. Have a look at:

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/mpec/K06/K06T47.html

The orbit seems to pass the Earth orbit in less than 0.01 AU. This does
not mean that a shower or outburst should happen now but when the comet
orbit gets better derived, then some level meteoroids-trail modeling can
be made. The comet node encounter happens this year (according to a
quick lookup from IMO sol.long table) in the last day of the year at
about 21 UT. This is one hour before NewYear in our Finnish time! What a
good timing for a possible shower to "hide itself" ;-)

Esko Lyytinen