(meteorobs) P/2006 T1 (Levy) orbit looks inetresting!

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Oct 11 13:59:10 EDT 2006

From: "Mikhail Maslov" <ast3 at ngs.ru>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) P/2006 T1 (Levy) orbit looks inetresting!

> Hello, Esko and all,
>
> thanks for your message. I also noted this interesting comet. Elements
> are still preliminary, but they give the following data set for
> 1901-2100 years:

CUT

> Quite interesting that this rather big comet was on very favorable
> orbit from 1927 and was undiscovered until nowadays and produced no meteor
> activity. It makes to suspect that
> its orbit is still not accurate enougth. But if not, it should suffer
> a dramatic change after 2017 perihelion. Anyway, the comet deserves a
> very close attention.
>
> Best regards, Mikhail

I saw in the following circulars

MPEC 2006-T21            q   1.07182 A.U.

MPEC 2006-T44            q   1.07060 A.U.

MPEC 2006-T47            q   0.99161 A.U

then I near sure that in the next days the q will change newly toward the
Sun
because the observational arc it's only of 5 days (2-7 October).
Probably it shall be a better possibility that in future it come a
meteor shower, but at today we cannot to be sure of the realty.
We must too remember that it's a comet that suffer the influence of
Jupiter and then probably it go in the actual orbit only from some years
from an other very different orbit that we don't known.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli