(meteorobs) RE:P/2006 T1 (Levy) orbit looks interesting!

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Thu Oct 12 12:02:54 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/11/06 1:59:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi writes:

<< I think that the comet orbit is not yet accurate enough to derive
 conclusions many revolutions backwards and/or into future. And reliable
 trail-calculations are not yet possible.  >>

Just for the heck of it, I integrated the elements from MPEC 2006-T47 forward
and found that on December 31, 2019, this comet will pass within about 18
million miles of Jupiter and will have its perihelion distance increased to about
1.5 AU, thus taking it well away from Earth's orbit. Of course, this may
change as more accurate elements become available.

-- joe rao