(meteorobs) meteorite, heavens above questions

Tony Beresford dberesford at adam.com.au
Fri Oct 13 00:27:18 EDT 2006

At 13:21 13/10/06, you wrote:

>at 10:15pm CDT  I saw a really bright light coming from WSWW to ENEE, later I went to Heavens Above to see if it was the ISS
>http://www.heavens-above.com/allsats.asp?lat=36.552656031&lng=-94.9630473&alt=0200&loc=Unspecified&TZ=CST&Date=39002.4791666667&Mag=4.5
>I only got hits from 19:11 to 20:52, since this is supposed to be 12 hour prediction, why only 1 hour 41 minutes?
>What am I missing?
>Thanks, Charlie
Charlie, after 20:52 any satellite passes were in the Earth's shadow,
or high enough and hence too faint to pass the magnitude 4.5 limit.
This is of course a seasonal effect. Around northern summer solstice,
satellites above 600Km are sunlit all night at your latitude.
Tony Beresford
who lives at 35.9638 South