(meteorobs) What did happen in Italy?

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Mon Oct 16 11:33:52 EDT 2006

From: "Andrei Ol'khovatov" <olkhov at mail.ru>
To: "Global Meteor Observing Forum" <meteorobs at meteorobs.org>
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) What did happen in Italy?

> Dear All,
>
> For the last several days reports of fireballs. I found stories just in
> Italian, which I hardly could understand with electronic translator. Here
> are several links:
> http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/cronaca/articoli/articolo331617.shtml
> http://www.iltempo.it/approfondimenti/index.aspx?news=273047
> http://www.repubblica.it/news/ired/ultimora/2006/rep_nazionale_n_1811904.html?ref=hpsbdx
>
> http://www.iltempo.it/approfondimenti/index.aspx?id=1053911&Sectionid=8&Editionid=3
> http://www.ladysilvia.it/magaView/news/8025/misteri
> http://www.primadanoi.it/modules/bdnews/article.php?storyid=6235
> And much more at Google
> http://news.google.com/news?hl=it&ned=it&q=meteorite&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d
>
> Here http://meteolive.leonardo.it/meteo-notizia.php?id=19066&x=1
> there is even a photo of something.
>
> Could anybody make a summary in English or point to English-language
> discussions?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best wishes,
> Andrei Ol'khovatov
> Russia, Moscow

The photo was took the 1 September then it can to be a bolid
from Alfa Aurigids, this bolid has a minimum of two ourburst.

On the bolids that occured in the past days in Italy this it's
probably the situation:

a first bolid occured in day light, in the evening the
5 october it' path was following the river Po, from
West toward East, in the first time somebody
think that it can to be a link with October
Chamelopardis, but the direction was not right.

a second bolid occured the next week, the 12 october
it occured around 22 (20 U.T.) it was saw from
near all Italy from Milan to Palermo, from Sardinia to
Molise (there are 2 regions) and very well from Rome,
following a witness (in region Abruzzo) it has too
eletrofonic sounds, from Latium region was saw that it
fragmented in many pieces and this pieces was fragmentes
in more little pieces, there are too witness that it fell
in Matese chain (East of Rome)  and to in Gulf of Gaeta
(Southern of Rome), I took immediatly all photos from
meteo satellites
for to see the lands covered by clouds and I ask for
to know if a little earthquarke occured in this
time somewhere in Italy and in positif case to have
a copy of sismogrammes.
At today this it's the situation, nobody said that
found rocks, I think that it's possible.
There is too a complication: it's possible that
a second bolid was saw from near Milan
one hour before.

A third bolid occured the 8 Ocotber.

Best greetings.