(meteorobs) P/2006 T1 (Levy)

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Oct 18 13:23:02 EDT 2006

Today I do some very simple calculations on the orbit
of the comet P/2006 T1 (Levy), then I saw that if the
perielium was not the 7 October but the 31.36 December
we should see the comet of -0.6 magnitude, but
this it's not the realty, but it's realty that with the present
orbital elements the comet orbit it's only 900.000 Km
from that of Earth, then if dust ejection following the
present outburst of the comet it's at 14.5 m/sec
we shall have a meteor shower the 1 Jannuary 2009
naturally if the trail follow the comet during 2 years
or near half orbit.
But we must reminder before to do serious calculations
that certainly some little changings shall occur certainly
in the orbital elements, but I'm certain that we shall see
meteors from this comet at the end of 2008.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli