(meteorobs) FW: Atmospheric Cosmic Dust Capture

rendrag at earthlink.net rendrag at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 19 19:13:35 EDT 2006

My Word! That is almost 25 miles high. There were some graduate students at
CalTech who were collecting dust from collectors on the roof of a high
building. They were interested in about the same thing as Jayson and were
able to identify some of the particles as meteoritic in origin. I am sorry
that I cannot remember the name of the professor that gave the talk I
attended. One of there collectors was a child's plastic pool. The
experiment was terminated when a janitor mistook their pool for trash and
threw it away.