(meteorobs) Comet P/2006 T1 (LEVY)

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sat Oct 21 10:08:08 EDT 2006

I hope that the text it's in a good English.

Yesterday it is exited the quater circular on the comet P/2006 T1
(LEVY), by now the orbit it is practically definitive, it comes
outside also the MOID (minimal distance between the orbit of the comet
and the orbit of Earth) it's inferior to 894,000 Km, if the comet
were last to the perihelion 31.312 December instead of 7.434 October
2006 we would have seen it of -0.6a with a chioma of approximately 27°,
for giving to a once and average idea the dimension of Orion it's 20°,
over the East horizon to the end of the twilight, but it has
gone like has gone!

Instead the interesting news it is that the period is of 5.22 years, if
will be confirmed in the 2011 it shall pass to the perihelion 80.355
days later of 7.434 October 2006, that is 26.789 December,
therefore it would have to be visible of 3,5a with a tail of 57°, if the
calculations are mistaken little more than 1/100 than year, that is of
approximately 5 days, perfectly possible, then we will see the
comet of -0,6 like calculated if it had the perihelion 31 December
of this year.

Moreover independently from the fine passage of 2011, the Moid
indicates that if the outburst of the past days it has expelled
meteoritical dusts to the speed at least 14.5 m/sec to fine 2008
we must have a beautiful meteoric swarm to New Year's Day,
but if the dust tail were not enough long to generate a fine
swarm to 2008, sure to New Year's Day 2012 we would have a
spectacular meteor rain in how much we would pass in the meteor
cloud after only 5 days, that is the denser side of meteors in
of a comet.
I hope that I not do mistake in calculations.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli