(meteorobs) Orionids

bmccurdy at telusplanet.net bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Sat Oct 21 14:18:02 EDT 2006

Happy to hear of the good sessions of Kim, Thomas, and others -- thanks for
the great reports!

Frustrating at the same time, since my report is more like Pierre's. Here in
Alberta, we've had completely hopeless weather; normally a fine month, October
has been almost entirely overcast. I had high hopes for this year's Orionids,
in fact, I just got a talking watch for my birthday so that I could improve my
counting methodology and was anxious to give it a test drive. Maybe that's the
meteor watcher's equivalent to buying a new telescope -- a week of lousy
weather for each inch of aperture. Fortunately, it's a small aperture
watch. :)

Possible clearing tonight, I'll certainly give it the old college try ...

Bruce
*****