(meteorobs) Impressive Orionid return above Belgium!

Koen Miskotte k.miskotte at wxs.nl
Sun Oct 22 03:40:25 EDT 2006

Hi Michel,
Well done! I had 1,5 hour clear skies from the Netherlands and a 1 hour
period with some clouds (but still i think with usefull data). For me the
first hour was impressive with radiant still low in eastern direction: many
bright ones with impressive trails. I did see a -4 point meteor Orionid and
a bright -2 and many -1 , 0 and +1 Orionids. I think I saw during this
period +100 meteors! Never seen such Orionid activity  since I observed them
(1979). I also saw the Orionid outburst of 18 october 1993 and 18 october
1998, but this is really is the best one!
I am really curious what is happening. Work for Peter Jenniskens, Jeremy and
David???!
Groet,
Koen