(meteorobs) 2nd night of Orionids good

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Sun Oct 22 11:33:42 EDT 2006

Just awoke, have not transcribed tapes yet. Observed 5 hours from
9500-1000 UT.
Impression, rates last night (21-22) were noy quite as high as the night
before, and r value was closer to normal (20-21 were very bright) with one
exception. At 9:17 UT Oct 22, had a flashbulb go off in my face!. It was a
terminal burst bright enough to light the trees enough to see it's Autumn!
It was due south of me in NJ at about 20 degrees elevation, so I'd place
it ~ 300 miles away, over southern Virginia. My Mag here was - 10 !!, did
anyone south of me see this spectacular fireball? That was at 5:17 AM EDT.

Working on tapes as soon as coffee takes effect.

Chug,chug,chug

Wayne