(meteorobs) Orionid obs, Sharon Massachusetts, 22 October 2006

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Mon Oct 23 00:19:29 EDT 2006

With so many reports of above average activity, I cleared a couple of
short observation slots to try to get in on the fun. With the usual
miserable LM of my light polluted skies, I didn't see the levels
being reported, but I think I managed to skim off a bit of the brighter cream.

---------
Richard Kramer Sharon MA USA
71 deg 10.87 min W   42 deg 6.53 min N  Elev 220 ft

Showers observed Orionids  ORI, Northern Taurids NTA, Southern Taurids STA

EDT 00:22 22 Oct to 00:55 22 Oct
UTC 04:22 22 Oct to 04:55 22 Oct

UTC              Teff   LM     ORI    NTA    STA    SPO    Total
04:22 - 04:55    0.52  3.7      3      0      0      0      3

Magnitude Distributions
          -3  -2  -1   0   1   2   3
ORI       0   1   1   0   0   1   0

-----

EDT 02:13 22 Oct to 02:55 22 Oct
UTC 06:13 22 Oct to 06:55 22 Oct

UTC              Teff   LM     ORI    NTA    STA    SPO    Total
06:13 - 06:55    0.52  3.7      5      0      0      3      8

Magnitude Distributions
          -3  -2  -1   0   1   2   3
ORI       0   2   0   2   0   1   0
SPO       0   0   0   0   1   2   0
-----

Notes:
1. Obscuration 20% due to perhipheral light pollution.
2. View centered halfway between Perseus and the Pleiades.
3. Colors consistently yellow for mag 1 and brighter, green for magnitude 2.
4. Trains for ORI were .3 sec for mag 0 to .5 sec for mag -2. One mag
-2 with 1 sec train.
5. Temperature 39 to 37 F, wind N 5 mph.