(meteorobs) October 22, 2006 Meteor Observations from Southern California

josephasmus at cox.net josephasmus at cox.net
Tue Oct 24 18:09:15 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,

Nice to read yours (and everybosy elses) reports.  We were most lucky to get 5.9 skies in Rancho Penasquitos.  Janet is still talking about how much fun she had and how so worth it it was to stay up till 3am and watch meteors (her first time!).  I think we got another convert.  At least a casual observer convert.

Maybe we can get togther for the Leonids.  Can you give me a quick summary of the Leonids dates/maxes and for us, the best nights?  I would greatly appreaciate it.  I ewant to forward it to a colleague who's a big-time astro-guy here.

Lastly, have you seen Comet SWAN?  I see it's now mag 8.2.  Think it's worth looking for with my new 20 X 80 binocs?

Joseph