(meteorobs) Comet P/2006 T1 (LEVY)

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 01:47:09 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/24/06 11:17:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ast3 at ngs.ru
writes:

<< In 2006 its perihelion is quite close to the suggested maximum date on
 31 December (comet passes MD point ~85 days before the Earth), so we
 have a good reasons to expect, that around 31
 December there is a good possibility of encountering young
 non-perturbed trail(s). The period 30 December - 1 January should be
 carefully observed. >>

Okay . . . so far we have discussed the prospects of observing a meteor
shower from Comet P/2006 T1 (Levy), but no one has noted where the radiant might
possibly be.  My own tentative location would be in the constellation of Gemini
at RA 6h 45m, Dec. +23-degrees.  This is roughly 4-degrees to the south of the
third magnitude star, Epsilon Geminorum . . . sometimes known as Mebusta. If
this is right, I would guess that in order to differentiate this stream from
the famous December Geminids, we could call them "Epsilon Geminids."

Can anyone confirm this?
-- joe rao