(meteorobs) Comet P/2006 T1 (LEVY)

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed Oct 25 04:12:18 EDT 2006

> In a message dated 10/24/06 11:17:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ast3 at ngs.ru
> writes:
>
> << In 2006 its perihelion is quite close to the suggested maximum date on
> 31 December (comet passes MD point ~85 days before the Earth), so we
> have a good reasons to expect, that around 31
> December there is a good possibility of encountering young
> non-perturbed trail(s). The period 30 December - 1 January should be
> carefully observed. >>
>
> Okay . . . so far we have discussed the prospects of observing a meteor
> shower from Comet P/2006 T1 (Levy), but no one has noted where the radiant
> might
> possibly be.  My own tentative location would be in the constellation of
> Gemini
> at RA 6h 45m, Dec. +23-degrees.  This is roughly 4-degrees to the south of
> the
> third magnitude star, Epsilon Geminorum . . . sometimes known as Mebusta.
> If
> this is right, I would guess that in order to differentiate this stream
> from
> the famous December Geminids, we could call them "Epsilon Geminids."
>
> Can anyone confirm this?
> -- joe rao

>From calculations that do Roberto Haver with one of the first
circulars MPEC the radiant should be near Zeta Cepheus,
then the shower should be named Zeta Cepheids (yes, as the
variable stars) or December (or January) Cepheids.
But I want remember that all time that a radiant was previewed
all time the real radiant was not exactly in the calculated position.
I think that we can name the new shower only after to have see it.
There is too an other question that nobody thought:
somebody saw anomalous numebr of meteors in or around
New Year Day in 1985 year or around years?
Radio amateurs saw something by radio? Somebody ask
to they?
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli