(meteorobs) Orionids Oct. 21/22 from Oregon

Wes Stone howard048 at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 25 12:04:27 EDT 2006

I divided tonight between telescopic viewing (comets SWAN and Levy, and
galaxies in Fornax) and meteor observing. While at the telescope in the
early morning, it was obvious that there was still strong Orionid activity
(again, several instances where I looked up and saw two or three nearly
simultaneous Orionids). Skies were excellent again. The Orionids were almost
as active as Saturday morning, but quite a bit fainter (mean magnitude 2.2).
There seemed to be a couple of dead periods lasting several minutes,
something I didn't perceive on Saturday morning. Another very nice session!

Observer: Wesley Stone (STOWE)
Location: Oregon Shores, OR (42d 33m 00s N, 121d 55m 11s W)
Method: Counting: Watch/Tape recorder