(meteorobs) Re: OT: SMART-1 lunar crash landing Sunday morning September 3 (NEGATIVE)

Michael Linnolt mlinnolt at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 3 17:55:35 EDT 2006

Several members of the Hawaiian Astronomical Society and I, visually observed the predicted location on the Moon from 05:41 to 05:46 UT from Honolulu, HI. I used a 50cm reflector at 260x. No sign of any impact or after-effects were seen.

Has any amateur reported a positive sighting visually or by imaging? The only ground based professional one I heard of was the CFHT on Mauna Kea caught it on video.

Mike Linnolt