(meteorobs) Re: OT: SMART-1 lunar crash landing Sunday morning September 3(NEGATIVE)

rendrag at earthlink.net rendrag at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 4 01:29:57 EDT 2006

Space Weather.com has an image of the flash. See
	http://spaceweather.com

September 3(NEGATIVE)

> Several members of the Hawaiian Astronomical Society and I, visually
observed the predicted location on the Moon from 05:41 to 05:46 UT from
Honolulu, HI. I used a 50cm reflector at 260x. No sign of any impact or
after-effects were seen.

> Has any amateur reported a positive sighting visually or by imaging? The
only ground based professional one I heard of was the CFHT on Mauna Kea
caught it on video.