(meteorobs) Re: Other meteorite on New Zealand?

Graham Palmer gramy at globe.net.nz
Fri Sep 15 01:20:40 EDT 2006

The debris suspected to be from this event has proven to not be a
meteorite... It is most likely a bit of basalt in my opinion.
It has been a busy time for bolides here in the past three weeks, with 3
sightings of very spectacular meteors, two of which startled people with
multiple sonic booms. (the first one sure gave me a fright!)

However, because New Zealand is sparsely populated, it is not likely that
any meteorites would be found from these events.

Regards,
Graham Palmer.
Hastings, New Zealand.