(meteorobs) thoughts, please

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Sat Sep 16 15:37:50 EDT 2006

Coriolis force? I theorized this for trail of bolids but nobody observed
this.

>These
>displacements of the meteors are usually ascribed to winds blowing in the
>upper atmosphere.(24) The atmospheric pressure at a height of 45 km. is
>supposed to be but "a small fraction of one millimeter of mercury." (25) On
>the other hand, the velocity with which the meteors approach the earth is
>between 15 and 75 km. per second, on the average about 40 km. per second or
>over 140,000 km. per hour. If winds of 150 km. per hour velocity were
>permanently blowing at the height where the meteors become visible, it
>would
>not be possible for such winds of rarefied atmosphere to visibly deflect
>stones falling at the rate of 140,000 km. per hour.

Certainly, this deflect exist! But the mistakes in calculating are biggest,
then actually we cannot see this.

>  2..
>  3.. Approaching the earth, the meteorites suddenly slow down and turn
>aside, and some are even repelled into space. "A few meteors give the
>appearance of penetrating into our atmosphere and then leaving it,
>ricocheting as it were." (26)

This occur but it's very rare, in 20 years of meteor observations I saw
only one time a meteor that do this (ricocheting), I saw a meteor not
especially luminous that appared and dispared 3-4 time along a
traiectory of 60° around, very slow. Other people saw similar
meteors?
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli