(meteorobs) Fireball reported

meteors at eclipse.net meteors at eclipse.net
Wed Sep 27 21:48:52 EDT 2006

I've had 2 medium quality reports of a -10 Mag fireball observed from the
east coast US at 8:29 PM EDT 9/27/2006 (00:29 EDT 2006/Sept/28). Green,
fragmented traveling SE to SW at approx 30 degrees elevation from Ocean
City, MD. THe other report, which is third hand, was from Cape May, NJ. Of
course, at that moment I was driving north of Rt 31 in NJ, so had no
chance to see it. Murphy's law of fireballs :(  If anyone else observed it
in more detail, let me know. Kind of irritated me that the person who saw
it should have known better and gotten more accurate info, but "he's on
vacation".
He'll have to buy me a lot of beer to stop me from yelling at him when he
gets back :)

Wayne