(meteorobs) San Francisco Bay Area Fireball

Oliver, Chip chip.oliver at lmco.com
Wed Apr 4 11:21:54 EDT 2007

I saw a fantastic meteor this morning.  Excuse the amateur report but I
am, uh, an amateur.  I was driving to work in the San Francisco Bay Area
and about 6:05-6:10AM I saw it toward the west about 30 degrees above
the horizon.  It was not the typical pinpoint of light I'm used to
seeing while out in the country. I could clearly see spots of light
shoot out from it like a sparkler. It seems as though it had to be very
low in the sky as there was a high cloud cover and it was clearly below
it. Hard to believe that a good chunk did not make it to the ground (or
ocean) although I'm sure this is a common amateur comment.