(meteorobs) South Carolina Meteors, Apr 6/7

Mark Davis meteors at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 14:13:16 EDT 2007

A cold front passed through clearing out our skies and dropping the
temperatures to near record lows, so a friend and I decided to drive to Cape
Romain National Wildlife Refuge to search for galaxies. About halfway
through the evening, I decided to switch over to meteors while he continued
observing with his telescope. I observed for 75 minutes from 2110-2225 local
time and recorded 9 sporadics. They ran pretty much the gamut as far as
magnitudes go, with no fireballs, but I was still happy in seeing that many
during an early evening observation. We are heading out tonight looking for
star clusters, so I will probably try another hour or so of meteors as well.

Mark Davis, South Carolina, USA
meteors at comcast.net
namn at namnmeteors.org