(meteorobs) Meteor Observations From Northern Nevada on April 10, 2007

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 12:53:51 EDT 2007

April 9 was overcast, very windy with a lot of
airborne dust. When evening came the clouds cleared
away so I decided to go out and try some meteor
observing. Evidently the airborne dust remained as
limiting magnitudes were considerably poorer than
usual. Most of the meteors I saw were faint but I saw
one magnitude 0 pale green sporadic with a 20 degree
train behind it.

April 10, 2007  Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles north
of Winnemucc. Longitude 117 degrees 37' 30" West,
Latitude 41 degrees 15' 0" North

UT Period   Field   Teff   F     LM    ANT   SPO

7:31-8:34    60S    1.02   1.0   6.21   2     10

Total Meteors: 12

Magnitude Distribution:

Shower  0  1  2  3  4  5

ANT           2