(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on April 13, 2007

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 12:30:00 EDT 2007

I went outside this morning to observe meteors. After
a cold snowy day the sky cleared up and was beautiful.
During the observation session at 9:00UT the sky lit
up. The source of this was to the north, away from
where I was facing, so I didn't see what caused it,
but a bright fireball might have been behind it. At
9:56 UT, four minutes after I shut down, a -3 mag
sporadic, electric green in color leaving a thirty
degree train in its wake, passed overhead. The
following are the meteors I saw this morning.

April 13, 2007  Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles north
of Winnemucca. Longitude: 117 degrees 37' 30" West,
Latitude 41 degrees 15' 0' North.

UT Period    Field    Teff   F   LM   ANT   SPO

8:49-9:42    60S      1.01  1.0 6.45   1     7

Total Meteors: 8

Magnitude Distribution

Shower  1  2  3  4  5

ANT        1