(meteorobs) Meteor Observations from Northern Nevada on April 19, 2007

Robin Gray sevenvalleysent at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 12:12:28 EDT 2007

When I went outside on the morning of April 18 I was
greeted by blizzard like conditions - high winds
carrying a lot of snow with temperatures below
freezing. By 2 pm the snow had stopped, and by evening
the skies were beginning to show signs of clearing up.
When I got up at 2 am on April 19 the wind was gone
and the last clouds were dissapearing over the eastern
horizon. So I went out and observed meteors. The
Lyrids are beginning to pick up - this is what I saw
this morning.

April 19, 2007 Paradise Hill, Nevada, 20 miles north
of Winnemucca. Longitude 117 degrees, 37' 30" West,
Latitude 41 degrees 15' 0" North.

UT Period    Field   Teff   F    LM    LYR   SPO

9:37-10:41   60S     1.02   1.0  6.46   4     13

Total Meteors: 17

Magnitude Distribution:

Shower  -2  -1  0  1  2  3  4  5

LYR                1     1     2