(meteorobs) June Bootids prediction for 1901-2100

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sat Apr 21 02:52:32 EDT 2007

Hello, Roberto,

IMO data show that in 1998 the June Bootids gave a maximum at 22-23 UT
of 27 June, so the timing of my prediction (21:40 UT) is quite
accurate for old 19 century trails. However, I significantly
overestimated ZHR. One of main reasons is low observing base - we have
only several cases of the June Bootids activity so it is difficult to
build an interpolating function of activity for various conditions.
Even with the Leonids predicted ZHR values differ 2-3 times from observed
ones. The June Bootids are studied much less.

Best regards, Mikhail