(meteorobs) June Bootids prediction for 1901-2100

Mikhail Maslov ast3 at ngs.ru
Sat Apr 21 05:43:51 EDT 2007

Oops, I looked at wrong column in ZHR profile, given by IMO for the
June Bootids 1998. Actually it shows a long maximum with ZHR about 100
meteors from 11:50 to 19:30 UT 27 June. And I should note, that in my
prediction of 1998 I also give a long period of singnificant activity
- from 3 UT 27 June to 3 UT 28 June which corresponds to the profile
quite good. I.e., I did not mention a sharp peak near 21:40 UT, but a
broad maximum around it. Note also, that observations in the period
12-19 UT were very scattered, so ZHR values, derived from them are
quite unreliable. So I think the timing of prediction is satisfactory
while maximum intensity is overestimated.

Best regards, Mikhail